Skip to main content

Blog Post #1: My Top 5 News Sources

CNN International logo.svg


1. 


For my first news source I chose is CNN because it covers international and national news twenty four hours a day. Topics such as the weather, entertainment, politics, health, and interviews. CNN is most honored news source that viewers like myself can watch on television or smart phones. I mainly enjoy watching CNN, because any topic that I want more clarity on there is coverage for me to look at. It is a news source that I trust and can go to for good and bad news. This news source is recommend for anyone who likes to stay up to date on current political updates.

https://www.cnn.com/

Apple News (@AppleNews) / Twitter


2. Apple News 


For anyone that owns any Apple product Apple News is the most convenient news source at your finger tips. It's completely free and I personally have notifications set up to notify me everyday of top news stories. The customization and features that you can do in the app are favorable in ways that it's optional to save articles and select topics of your choice that you only want to see. For example better living, best of news, weekend reads, and my personal favorite option audio mode. When i'm driving it is great to have the audio mode's hands free option to keep me occupied with breaking news. I recommend Apple News because it is simplified and can be organized to give you news you only want to know about. 

https://likeshop.me/applenews


3. The New York Times 


The New York Times shutters NYT en Español after three years: “It did not  prove financially successful” | Nieman Journalism Lab

The third source that I prefer is The New York Times. Mainly being there is still an old school option of a paper copy, as well more favored options online and app access to get the scoop on covered stories. The news articles included in their magazines are exceedingly long and provide a more in depth story. With me being bibliophile that is a major attraction that never fails to draw me into choosing this option to learn more about current news. An eye catching component is the photography and fashion in their news articles it truly helps bring the stories together. This is my third choice because The New York Times provides stories from around the world that not every news source is covering. I recommend The New York Times to anyone who enjoys an all access experience to news.

https://www.nytimes.com/


4. Forbes


Forbes Logo and symbol, meaning, history, PNG, brand

With my interest and the plan of going into the field of Public Relations and advertising with also the desire to get my masters in Business and Administration. The main thing that I like about Forbes American business magazine is that it provides current marketing topics and finance. With my passion for strong public relation I have to stay up to date with all types of news as part of the strategic planning process. Another major benefit that Forbes magazine includes is accurate updates of who are the most current powerful people in the world. I recommend this news source to anyone that enjoys leadership and wants to be apart of entrepreneurship.

https://www.forbes.com/?sh=75ba059b2254


Linkedin Icon PNG vector in SVG, PDF, AI, CDR format

5. LinkedIn 


LinkedIn is the best option to stay up to date on jobs world wide. It is not just any social media news retrieving sight but solely employment focused. Providing users with the tools to succeed in the desired career field. I am personally very appreciative of LinkedIn because it makes me confident that after college finding a job will be easier with their help. Anytime I can add my resume and connect with employers and other people in my field professionally. This is my last favorable source because it provides the best opportunity to view news about all aspects of the work force not just one desired field and you can even repost your findings. This is a strong recommendation to any college student or any adults that is waning to connect professionally with people they have worked with or future people they want to work for. 

https://clicklinkin.bio/linkedin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #8: Gatekeeping

The gatekeeping theory arose in 1943, originated by a German American social psychologist named Kurt Lewin. He developed this concept and it focuses on personal perception and how one should operate to better understand the world that they are living in. To do that Lewin would have to understand the mental, physical and social aspects of a person's life. By conversing with people frequently to acknowledge their desires, memories and goals. This concept was first utilized in the field of social psychology and basic psychology and later became a method in the field of communications. Which now in today’s time is a very essential theory because of the variety of mass publication technology. Gatekeeping is an important concept that can be used in communication studies as a foundational theory.  There is good that comes from the gatekeeping theory, it's simply a method of mass communication from data decision makers who are at a high level. This can be people in the line of work as

Blog #2: Protecting Our Privacy

Technology is something that I believe is safe to say, here to stay. Which is not a bad thing but when it comes to our privacy online everyone needs security. The true problem is that not everyone is aware of what is going on and it also seems that the people that know somewhat of the issue with privacy, hackers are getting more creative. It is great to be able to have a web source where you can search anything and there are all types of apps that can help you with something to make life easier. Another problem is the terms and conditions are not understandable and what we search on a web source and put our personal information into is not always private. Some of the issues discussed in the Ted Talk videos have affected me, and some have not. There are simply some apps that I don't trust because I feel my personal information is not going to be safe. The government should be putting stronger laws in place to protect our personal privacy. By joining us in protecting our data in how

Blog Post #6: Anti-War

    In today's time there are a lot of things going on and it’s good to see that throughout history there are a lot of people that strongly encourage pacifism and are proud to say that they are part of an anti-war movement. The media and news stations are not shy about making people aware of the different wars that are happening. Especially in the United States you can make one Google search and you can gain more insight on how currently there are civil wars in countries like Somalia, A fghanistan, Ethiopia, Russia and sadly many more. T hroughout all of that the goal still remains the same anti-war activists demand change and are pressuring the government to end a particular conflict with the hope of preventing a war.  Anti-war voices never appear on the mainstream news, I wonder why that is? Person ally I believe that is because more conflict is enforced rather than infiltrating tranquility in this world that desperately needs it. Thankfully we do have things like the National S